1. Pumping Bra: This by far has been life changing for me! I pumped for 3 weeks holding the bottles to my breasts when my good friend and fellow mommy, Megan told me about her pumping bra. I immediately ran out and got one! I bought the Lansinoh brand and let me tell you it changed the 3-4 hours a day that I pump tremendously! It's completely hands free which means I can hold Spencer, or if Kyle is around I can read or do whatever I please, it makes pumping so much more manageable and I don't dread sitting there holding bottles to my nipples for 20 minutes at a time 8-12 times a day. If you don't have one yet, INVEST IN ONE NOW!
2. Tommee Tippee Bottles: There are two major reasons I love these bottles. The first is that the nipple is most like a human nipple and babies have an easier time going from bottle to breast, this is helpful for when daddy wants to feed the baby. The second reason is they are 3 pieces, let me repeat myself; THREE PIECES! This means less pieces to wash, if you're a mommy you know how much time you spend at the sink washing bottles numerous times a day, three piece bottles make that time much shorter!
3. Munchkin Wipe Warmer: I seriously thought people were crazy when they told me about a wipe warmer, thinking why would anyone buy that, useless... FURTHEST THING FROM THE TRUTH. Since receiving the wipe warmer diaper changes in the Campbell household have no more crying. I mean seriously, genious. The wipes are luke warm and much more comfortable for a baby then a cold wipe, I know it may sound silly, but a wipe warmer is a good investment and the Munchkin one is awesome it even has a night light on it for late night changes.
4. Halo Sleep Sack/Swaddler: We were given this sleep sack as a gift from the hospital and we love it. It is a heavier material, more of a fleece but because it is not warm out yet we can put Spencer in it at night with just a onesie on and he is comfortable. It zips the baby inside which I like and then swaddles with velcro. You can also swaddle the arms in or out, Spencer likes his arms out but when we were swaddling his arms in (before learning he hated it) you could get a nice tight swaddle, which most babies love, especially when they're newborns. The weight on the sleep sack is also up to about 16lb which is higher than most I've seen. It's also the only sleep sack I have with a zipper, I am now searching for a lighter one for Spencer for the summer.
5. GumDrop Pacifiers: The biggest reason we love these paci's is because they're the only ones so far Spencer will take and he's extremely partial to the one we received in the hospital. I had a hard time finding these in the store, but they are on amazon and I bought 10, just incase. What Kyle and I like most about them is that they do not cover Spencer's nose. Because he was or to most IS still pretty tiny these paci's fit his face and still allow him to breath easily through his nose. I have bought other brands that don't cover the nose and he will NOT take them, so we live and breath by our GumDrop Paci's especially while a bottle of milk is warming up.
6. MamaRoo Swing - 4Moms: This swing is AMAZING! It is a little pricey, but man is it worth it. It has 5 different swinging motions and 5 different speeds, it always makes sound, i.e.: white noise, waves, and so on. You can also plug in your phone or iPod and play music off of it. Another reason we were drawn to this swing is because it had a newborn insert which meant Spencer could sit in it. He wasn't to keen on the swing until just recently! I am so happy he is starting to like it because it allows me to get things done while he sleep in it. It is also very light and easy to move with one hand while carrying Spencer in the other. THIS IS A MUST
7. PegPerego Carseat: Kyle and I did a lot of research on carseats, in the end we chose the PegPerego which is made in Italy. The main reason we bought it was because Italy has higher standards for safety and crash testing. Another reason is because it had the infant/newborn inserts. If you have taken any baby classes then you know it is "frowned" upon to put in any inserts into a carseat that didn't come with the car seat, so because this came with the inserts it was a go. It also had a rear ending feature, it's pretty cool. If we were to be rear ended the carseat stops the impact and keeps the seat in place, to me safety is the most important thing. We have been very please with this carseat and would buy another. This carseat is also pretty pricey but here's the catch, you can use it without a base. If you've purchased a carseat then you know how expensive extra bases can be. Since we don't have to use a base with the carseat this meant our parents didn't need a base and our second car didn't either, SCORE!
8. Baby Jogger City Mini Lite Stroller: I cannot say enough good things about this stroller, for one it is really light and collapses quickly with one pull of a strap and unfolds like an umbrella with a pull of the handles. It's easy for me to get in and out of the car, which I love! PegPerego also makes a carseat attachment for it so we are able to use it now. The front wheel locks and unlocks, which means when it is locked the wheel stays straight and when its unlocked you can maneuver much easier. It also comes with a ton of cool attachments like cupholders. We have NOT been disappointed with this stroller, when we have two kids I will definitely get the double!
9. Aquaphor for Babies: We love this lotion ourselves but, it is great for diaper rash. Though Spencer hasn't gotten diaper rash, yet, I put it on his little bottom at night when I know the diaper will be on him longer than during the day to prevent a rash. I haven't tried any other creams, but we like the Aquaphor and it hasn't messed with Spencer's skin at all either, so that's a win win.
10. Baby Emory Board: Clipping a baby's nails with the clippers is not fun and you're bound to accidentally get their skin. For me it is easier to use a baby emory board and file Spencer's nails rather then cutting them, but for Kyle he would rather use the clippers, I guess I am little more scared than he. Spencer doesn't mind the emory board and I can get his nails down just enough not to scratch himself, without having to worry about getting his tiny little finger. If you're brave enough to use the clippers, more power to you, if not then get the emory board!
11. Boon Bottle Dryer & Attachments: First off, I love anything Boon, I cannot wait till Spencer can use all their bath toys, those are awesome too. But, for now I am using the grass bottle dryer with the flower and branch nipple dryer. I love it because it catches all the water and all the bottle fit tightly in the grass. Not only that, but it looks cool sitting on your counter. I mean lets be serious, there's always bottles to be washed or dried why not make it look a little nicer.
12. MyBaby by Homedics Noisemaker: This thing is amazing, it has the most noise settings I have seen, has a timer and a volume button. We are partial to the thunderstorm button and I think Kyle and I enjoy it a lot more than Spencer does, but hey whatever gets us all to sleep. We also have the travel sleep sheep which works great too.
13. Eddie Bauer Car Mirror: This too, is frowned upon (well at least in baby classes) but, I couldn't live without mine. The first time I drove alone with Spencer in the car it would have taken me an hour longer to get wherever I was going because I would have stopped every 5 minutes to check on him. This Eddie Bauer mirror buckles to the seats headrest and tightens so it doesn't move at all and I can see my little peanut without having to pullover, win win for mommy.
14. J.J.Cole Bottle Cooler: If you're pumping, you know how important this is! It is important to keep your breast milk cold and this cooler is compact, but still holds 2 bottles or about 6-8 bags of stored milk. We take this cooler with us whenever we're going to be gone for longer than 3 hours, it's been a lifesaver and has allowed us to stay out longer.
15. Car Adapter for Pump: I pump in the car: GUILTY! Medela has a car attachment that plugs into your cigarette lighter and it's awesome. Because a lot of my family lives out of state this is going to come in so handy! Not only that, but when we are somewhere I can pump in the comfort of my own car. It was wonderful when we were at a wedding a couple weekends ago... and don't worry we have tinted windows. But, if you're going to be on the go or taking a road trip this will be your BFF.
Those are items I could not live without as a mommy, they're my opinion and I am sure some people will not agree, but for me they make my mommy life easier. I hope anyone expecting or anyone who has become a new mommy recently finds this helpful. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have, I will answer them all or give me any advice and let me know what mommy/baby products you can't live without.